Friday, May 30, 2008

16th Birthday~~

Hey peeps,

Today, is my birthday! I'm 16 years old now. Haih, a year goes by and you get older, what to do? That is why we must value each and every day of our childhood and adolescent, 'casue it only comes once in a lifetime. Ok I sound so sappy right now -_-

Today, I went to Alor Star, Kedah. I went to the newly opened Tesco there, a hypermarket very popular in West Malaysia. I bought my birthday cake there. I took some pics, will upload when back in Miri.

You know, the people here speak a lot of Hokkien and Cantonese. My aunts also speak Hokkien man. Since I'm Cantonese, I think I should learn how to speak Cantonese. I'm telling you, listening to them speak Cantonese and Hokkien almost everyday makes me understand a bit about what they are talking about. XD

Wahseh....today got "soi" things happen. And it's my birthday! -_- Well, it was a car crash. Yeah I know right?? Well, it was like this. We were on our way back from Alor Star, and my family and my relatives and other people were in two different cars. (cause one car ain't enough) So, the car I was in was in front of the other car my relatives were in. Suddenly, we crashed. *gasp* A lorry was in front of us and he slowed down so suddenly that we couldn't stop in time. So we bumped the lorry on the back and the windshield got cracked, but it didn't break. Some of the front also got dented. So seeing that we had stopped so suddenly, my relatives in the other car stopped. Which made the car behind it stop. Which made the car behind it stop too. Then we all crashed into each other. -_- Well, nobody got hurt. But the cars did.

Then, the men in the lorry came out and said(in a loud voice) to us why it wasn't his fault and bladeblah. He said that it was the car in front of him whihc made him stop. But that car ran away so yeah. Well unbelievably, the lorry managed to get bumped, and turn out unscathed. -_- So we waited there for like an hour and a half waited for the police AND the traffic police to come. And you know how slow they do things. -_-

Anywaaayyy, finally things got sorted out. the drivers had to go to the police station to do stuff though. (nobody's going to jail lah, just procedures or something) Then we ate, and returned to my aunt's home.

Then, I had my birthday cake~ well, it wasn't that grand. Just a brithday song, wishing on the cake and eating. Also got some pictures taken. It was an American chocolate cake. At least thats what the tag said. XD

Last (but not least) I would like to take this opportunity to thank my school friends and my Beijing friends who wished me a Happy birthday. It means a lot. And those who didn't, *scowl* you yourself know....okoko just kidding. XD

Gotta go now, have a fun holiday ppl!

(sorry if my vocabulary is too formal 0_0)

1 comment:

mandye said...

hey..

speaking cantonese is really good. seriously.

join in the canton club.

PS: my mum's a cantonese. not my dad