Saturday, December 6, 2008

The Christmas Parade~

Hey ppl,

There's been a lot happening lately..

I was supposed to go out with ppl this Wed, but something happened.

My Grandfather passed away... :'( It was so sudden, I mean, he was ok before but after what happened, he passed away so suddenly...it was really saddening, 'cause I didn't even get to see him before he passed away..

Anyway, I returned from Sibu yesterday after the funeral and everything, and I wish and hope that my grandfather will rest in peace.

Then today, was the Christmas Parade :D It was sooo cool and fun man. You should've went. But you didn't so it's your loss. jk. haha anyway before I go on to the parade...

MAS Wings kinda sucks.

It's sooo totally different from Malaysia airlines. What is it? A division of MAS or what 'cause when I looked at the schedule, most of it is MAS Wings MAS Wings MAS Wings.

So why is it not good?? Well when they were serving the drinks, I asked for orange juice. And the flight attendant was like. "I'm sorry we don't have orange juice." 0_0 .....No orange juice? This is an almost 1-hour flight and there's NO ORANGE JUICE? What are they nuts? I can't go on a flight with NO orange juice. XD I mean how can they not have orange juice?? All they have is Pepsi, Milo, Tea? And some other drinks which I don't know, 'cause they just asked "What drinks do you want" without saying what type of drinks they are. So I just took the Milo. And btw, it ain't fresh. It's packaged. The type that children drink, like a juice box. Well I would've taken the Pepsi if they'd told me there was Pepsi. Sheesh. And omg, and it's not even cold! How mediocre is that?? And there's not even anything to eat either. You have to ask to have just a pack of biscuits to eat. And that was just the beginning. It was the flight when I was on my way to Sibu. But on my way back was even more suckish. This time they didn't even have a trolley to push around. The air stewardess just took a tray, like the one's we use in KFC or Sugar Bun, and then arranges the drinks on it and then just gave them to us. There were two choices only! TWO! It's either the packaged Milo again or Soya Bean Milk....-_-

And have I mentioned their uniform?? The air stewardess was like wearing something that looked greenish. Yeah, green.

Lol, sorry for my ranting XD Well at least they have drinks, whil Air Asia has none at all XD

Okok back to the Christmas Parade. Where was I? O right it was sooooo cool and fun man. When we gathered at City Fan, there was like loads of people and I mean LOADS. And increasing by the second. I think every Christian Church participated. Catholics, Baptist, Methodist (which I'm in) etcetc. I saw Charis' dad, lol.

So then there were speeches, but I didn't really listen 'cause it was inda noisy, then singing. By that time it was getting dark already. And then omg, I didn't know Datuk George Chan came?! He gave a speech in English, and I didn't really listen too XD, but I did rememeber one part:

"Nobody, nobody should disturb us having our celebration."

Well it was something like that, I think. I don't remember the real thing. It was kinda related to freedom of religion or something. XD

Then it was the parade. We went church by church, carrying lanterns with lighted candles in then in shapes of stars, hearts, candles and the cross. I carried a star-shaped one :)

Then we paraded through town, and there were loads of people standing by the roadside looking at our super long line of people from different churches. I bet they were jealous. XD jk. Chinese churches, Iban churches, English-speaking and Malay speaking. It was cool. Some of the people from my church shouted Merry Christmas or Jesus Loves You (in Chinese) to the people standing by the road and waved to them. They waved back, too. Lol, it was kinda strange saying Merry Christmas so early XD. Then there was carol-singing, in Chinese. My little sister and her friends also handed out leaflets and invitation cards/bookmark shaped to invite the bystanders to come to our Christmas celebrations.

The parade route was starting from City Fan, until as far as the traffic light before St. Columba. Then we went round the roundabout back. We also passed Imeprial Mall on our way too. It was seriously cool.

Lol, there were even traffic police to direct our way and the cars' way, to tell us or them when to stop. Lol there was this woman in car, who got scolded by the traffic police 'cause she was kinda in our lane, where all the paraders were, where she shouldn't be. XDXD

Omg, did you know other churches, I think the Iban had floats?? With people waving in them. I mean we don't even have floats! Well we did last year. Lol maybe they wanna save space?? And they have these huge banners and all, and some even have lights built in them. Then there were people dressed as Santa Claus, angels, Bible characters' clothes, etc. Then nearing the end, there was a truck also which played Chinese Christian rap music. XD

So after that, we finished. We put back all the lanterns and stuff and went home. Some people still stayed to listen to people sing and stuff. Btw I wore Santa hat XD They gave almost everyone one to wear~ Then 'cause we didn't have dinner yet we went to Sin Soon Chin to eat.

It was a remarkable experience, and now I've been in two Christmas parades, one last year, and one this year XD I don't think I'll ever forget it~~

Unfortunately I don't have any pictures 'cause I didn't bring a camera. I know, awwwwwwwwww. Lol but if I do manage to get some of the photos of event, I'll post them, but that is, only if I do. Hehe.

Well, gotta go people, don't forget to leave comments, cya!~

2 comments:

Faye said...

Forgive my clueless-ness and me being a free-thinker doesn't help much either......but

How come Christmas Parade's that early?
There's still like...um 19 days more to Christmas.

Anonymous said...

xin tze,i was there oso but i didnt c u.ya,u got de point---why xmas parade was so early?foreign elements????impurities was added to the xmas and it almost spoil the actual meaning of xmas parade which is renowning the birth of our lord.