Friday, July 11, 2008

During the Assembly

Hey people,

In the assembly this Monday(four days ago), I got the prizes. :D I got trophies for the English Essay Competition, Science Speech Competition, and Jiunn Sheng represented our team to get the Explorace prizes. You can see the photos of the trophies below.

Some of you may wonder where I got my accent when I speak English?

Well, it began like this. When I was small like 1 or 2 years old, my dad got posted to Holland so I moved there and lived there for about 2 years. I think I studied at the Helen Sharman British School. I seriously remember myself having a British accent since I guess that was the only place I spoke any English, so I learned my English there. XD

Then, after two years, I returned to Miri and studied at Tadika Sri Mawar then at SJK Chung Hua Pujut. But at the start of Primary four, my dad got posted to Beijing, China. I still have warm memories with my friends at Chung Hua Pujut. :) Almost everyone in my class gave me a present before I left, including teachers XD. I lived in Beijing for about 3 years, and I studied at the Yew Chung International School. I rememeber having a Malaysian accent at the first few months there, but after a while, since everyone else was speaking English with an Americna accent, I started to pick it up. And since then I have spoken English with an American accent. XD Even until this day. XD Maybe you can hear me speak sometimes? Lol, just joking.

However, I think my accent is kind of fading now. Do you think so? Sometimes I speak with a bit of a Malaysian accent. Some people don't understand when I speak American-ish. :(

And that was the story of how I learned to speak English the way I do now. :) Lol Do you like it? :D

Ok nowww for pictures!~


Don't mean to brag but this is my English Essay Competition trophy!


These are the Science Speech Competition trophy and the Explorace trophy...(Actually I was expecting something bigger and more golden in colour XD)

Anyway, I'm just showing you, I'm not bragging! XD

Please comment before you leave! Thanks!

Cya ppl!~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hei,Xin Tze,u look quiet but to my surprise,so talented and skilled ! keep it up!There are more things to learn and most of all,all r very challenging.Be ready to learn new stuffs and accept challenges.Proud of u!